Island Packers is OPEN for Channel Islands Excursions
Published June 3, 2020
Welcome back Island Packers!
Island Packers (the authorized boat transportation concessionaire to Channel Islands National Park) has resumed limited service to Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa and Anacapa Islands for both day visitors and campers departing from Ventura Harbor Village, along with three-hour island wildlife trips and six-hour whale watching trips.
Designed to keep visitors to the Channel Islands safe and comfortable, Island Packers has revised several procedural protocols, which include:
- Passenger loads will be limited to under 40% capacity to better facilitate social distancing
- All Island Packer employees will be health screened before every shift
- Passengers will be given a health inquiry before being allowed access to office or boats and require to wear face covering on board vessels
- Office and boat crew will wear appropriate PPE when in contact with the public
- Check-in lines will promote social distancing and appropriate hygiene
- Vessels will be sanitized during stops and between runs
Also recently re-open in Ventura Harbor are Ventura Sportfishing Trips, Dive Boats & Excursions, and Whale Watching. CLICK HERE for more info.
Comments are closed.