Parade of Lights – Boater Application
Judging & Awards
- Boaters will be judged on the following categories on a point scale voted on individually by each judge: Decoration | Creativity & Artistry | Use of Lights/Holiday & Theme | Enthusiasm & Spirit
- Parade of Lights judges do not confer on the winners. Winners are based on a tabulation of the points received by each judge in the first round of boats. Judges only vote once in the first round near the Ventura Port District /Harbor Patrol offices.
- Winners are announced at the Boater’s Brunch on the Sunday following the Parade of Lights.
- People’s Choice Award is open ONLY to those boaters that participate in the Friday night parade as the photos are taken then to post to Facebook. The People’s Choice Award is open on Saturday ONLY and closes about 30 minutes after the Parade has ended. It’s an online contest, in which the most votes received wins.
The primary goal of the Ventura Harbor Parade of Lights is to provide a fun, festive holiday tradition, showcasing the Ventura Harbor & the boating community.
2019 BOATER AWARDS
Every Participating Captain Receives:
- A Gift Certificate from Andria’s Seafood Restaurant & Market and Coastal Cone Ice Cream
- 2 Complimentary Tickets to the Boater’s Brunch provided by The Greek Mediterranean Steak & Seafood on Sunday, December 15
- Complimentary professional 8” x 10” photograph of your boat (weather pending)
1st & 2nd Place Award Winners Also Receive:
- Framed professional photo with plaque
- A gift certificate to a Harbor Village Restaurant
Award Categories Include:
SWEEPSTAKES AWARD(S) $300
2 Sweepstake Awards!
Award honors Best in Show for both Power (26ft+) & Sail (30ft+)
Presented by Portside Ventura Harbor
SHOWSTOPPER AWARD(S) $150
2 Showstopper Awards!
Award honors best Showstopper for both Power (25ft & under) & Sail (29ft. & under)
Presented by Channel Watch Marine / Tow Boat US / Vessel Assist
Thank you to the Parade’s TOP Sponsors!
Thank you 2019 Parade AWARD Sponsors