March is Mermaid Month 2018Map it!
- Date March 1 - 31
From décor to artwork, to mermaid fashions, pottery and gifts, Mermaid Month is packed with the joys of being a mermaid at heart! Visits with mermaids, mermaid crafts and a Mermaid Parade are just some of the activities planned. Monthly sales and merchandise available at Harbor Village boutiques as well as seaside themed cocktails at waterfront restaurants. Plus, Face Painting and glitter tattoos by Happy Rainbow on Saturday March 24th!
Ventura Harbor has over 150 Mermaid themed items found in various shops throughout Ventura Harbor Village. Click HERE to browse through a photo gallery of some our favorite Mermaid Merchandise!
Mermaid Month Special Events include:
MERMAID PEOPLES PARADE
Saturday March 24th | Starts at 1pm | FREE
Bring the whole family and dress up in your favorite mermaid outfit to participate in the Mermaid Peoples Parade. Meet near the new Channel Islands Courtyard & Kelp Corridor (near Hats Unlimited & Lost in Socks). As a group we’ll parade along the Village promenade and end near the Mermaid Gallery. Everyone welcome to join! Remember, dressing up in whimsical, colorful, sea themed clothing is highly encouraged!
MERMAID MEET & GREETS
Saturday’s March 24th | 1-4pm | FREE
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to meet, greet, and get a great photo with a mermaid on select Saturdays from 1-4pm in Ventura Harbor Village!
Plus, make a selfie at our new sequin backdrop station on the promenade with fun photo props!
Crafts for ages 12 & under:
Saturday March 24 | 12:30-4pm| FREE / $1
12:30pm – Come a bit early to create a mermaid lei to complete your outfit for the mermaid Parade at 1pm! $1
1pm – 4pm – Lakeshore Learning Store will be onsite doing free crafts! Make sea animals on a craft stick (they double as puppets!)
After the parade, create your own Mermaid or Merman – customize the hair & tail color, decorate the tail with fun shiny scales, draw a fun face, and more. $1
You can search the waters wide, but you’ll never find mermaid merchandise more amazing than what is offered at Ventura Harbor Village. Browse our artisan shops and galleries for the latest mermaid fashion, jewelry, towels, bathing suits, socks, hats, etc. Beyond shopping, Village tenants have created experiential opportunities that feature:
- Visit the The Ultimate Escape Rooms Monday-Thursday in March for $25 per person when you use promo code MERMAIDLOVE when booking in the new Mermaid Curse Room!
- Paint A Mermaid on a Wine Glass while drinking wine & indulging in an artisan cheese platter cheese! Class is led by an instructor at The Copa Cubana restaurant every Wednesday from 5-7pm for $30 per person. Includes wine, cheese, and art supplies. Plus, you get to keep the glass!
- Mermaid Gallery will host Mermaid painting demos every Wednesday from noon to 2pm (free), kids Mermaid coloring sheets from noon to 4pm on Saturdays (free), and custom Mermaid portraits available through March ($)!
- VC Potters Guild local ceramic artists will be demonstrating clay mermaid themed projects on Saturday March 24th from 1pm – 3pm (free)
- Harbor Village Gallery & Gifts will host ‘Paint a Mermaid’ with watercolor artist Lorna Amundson on Wednesday, March 28 from 11-3PM (small donation suggested).
- With every Mermaid sock purchase at Lost in Socks, customers get Mermaid Goodies (stamps, stickers, tattoos) and an entry to win a big raffle on March 24 at 4pm.
- Take a winter Whale Watching trip with Island Packers ($) – you’ll see fantastic sea life in their element and who knows, you might even spot a mermaid!
SALES & CULINARY TREATS
Mermaid experiences are complemented with special sales and culinary delights throughout the Village in March as well:
- Treasure Cove is offering 10-50% off on jewelry.
- At Ventura Swimwear, spend $50 and receive a FREE Mermaid gift while supplies last.
- Barefoot Boutique is offering buy one, get one half price for Graphic T’s.
- Casa de Regalos is offering $2 off Adult T-shirts, $5 Off Adult Sweatshirts, $1 Off Kids T-Shirts, and $2 off Kids Sweatshirts
- Head over to Coffee Dock & Post and try the featured Mermaid Matcha Tea Latte over ice or a specialty latte including the Sandpiper, Great White, and Onshore S’more.
- Enjoy Famous fish and chips and hand crafted clam chowder at various restaurants throughout the Village!
Enter to win our Mermaid Gift Basket Give-A-Way!
How to Enter and Win:
Post a photo having fun in front of our new Mermaid Sequin Photo Backdrop on Instagram *Please be sure to tag our account @VenturaHarbor (instagram.com/venturaharbor.com) and use hashtags #VenturaHarbor #MermaidMonth
Sign Up for Ventura Harbor E-newsletter HERE
*Please be provide a valid email address
Mermaid month is just getting started, so be sure to check this page regularly, as more fun is being added daily including mermaid crafts for kids and adults!
And with this, we leave you with some wise advice from a Mermaid:
~Get your tail to the beach
~Be Shore of yourself
~Catch a Sea Breeze
~Avoid Pier Pressure
~Always Sea Life’s Beauty
~Come out of your Shell
~Take Time to Coast
- Date March 1 - 31